9.02.2006


Trip To Canterbury

'There is no lovelier place in the world...and I have seen Venice too.' - Virginia Woolf [1904]

I really liked it too... it´s a small village with one of the most important english cathedrals ... very cosy...
I learnt that in the cathedral there are even songs (religious music set in a room where people are suppossed to pray) ... I almost got into one and... Thanks God I didn´t.... it lasts 45 minuts ..and gess what? nobody can leave the room before the end... YAP...they lock the place... Odd isn´t it?


Canterbury, England's most famous cathedral city of Geoffrey Chaucer's Canterbury Tales and now a UNESCO world heritage site sits on the River Stour in one of the most attractive corners of rural Kent.

It is easily reached by road, rail or sea, and has been welcoming visitors for thousands of years.


No comments: